Feb IHSW

Well Saturday's IHSW hangout was a lot of fun.  I got a lot of stitching done, even if it doesn't look like it.  About 602 stitches along with some back-stitching. 

Lots of fun conversations with everyone - and as a result Thomas & I went and saw the Lego Movie today.  It was a blast and there were lots of laughing between us.  Probably a movie we are going  to be picking up once it comes out.  And fyi: there is nothing after the credits so don't worry about staying if you don't want to. 

IHSW progress
The orange w/ blue block as well as the flower, it's back-stitching, and the back-stitched grass is what was completed yesterday.  The blue stitches next to the orange block are what I'm currently working on as I forgot to take a picture before I started for the day. 

I think I should be able to finish the rest of the middle block of the bottom border and be able to start on the 3rd cart before March 15th, which is when the baby shower is.  I would like to show her the progress.  I won't have it done by then but with the rate I'm going I think I should have all stitched by the end of April.

Then it's just a matter of waiting for Emma's middle name to be decided upon and for her to be born so I can add the rest of the info.

The chart only gives space for her name, date, and weight but I'm toying with the idea of adding the time as well.  I've seen a few that have it but I know a lot of them don't. Thoughts??

On another note, I'm going to have to start the Christmas stocking soon too since I want to have that done before Christmas so it can be put up with all the other stockings. 10 stockings (2 of which belonged to the dogs) all up on the fireplace was great to see last year.  This year Mom's leaving off the 2 dog stockings so this year it will be 9.

Depending on how well this stocking goes I might look into making Thomas & myself stockings for our own home.  My maternal grandma had a tradition of making ornaments for her grand-kids each year and my paternal grandma made us all afghans and we all enjoyed the crafty items we got.

I think I'll make stockings for all the nieces/nephews along w/ my own kids.  We'll see how that goes though but I would feel bad if I made one for Emma and no one else. I might have chewed off more than I would like with that statement since heaven only knows how many stockings I'd have to stitch up in the future. ;)


Until next time, happy stitching everyone! ^_^

Comments

  1. I love making stockings. only done three so far, but I'm sure I'll get to more in the future. I'm so in love with this pattern of yours, that's such a happy flower

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little flower ^_^ I hope you'll continue making such great progress and finish soon and then quickly stitch up that stocking and then, then finally join us on the dark...uhm...dragon-y side of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *fingers crossed* ^_^ I might do a few small TW projects while I work on the stocking. R&J will have to wait till I'm done with the baby projects since I don't want to get too distracted

      Delete
  3. I'm with Nancy and Leonore! It is too cute even though I got to see it right when it was finished it's still so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WIPocalypse 2014 - January

Adventures in the Kitchen and other Fun Surprises!

June SFS